Our book of the week was I Went Walking by Sue Williams. This book will help us to continue our color words and begin our sight word study of the words I and see. Here are some of the activities that we did based on our book.
J continued learning our color words - she wrote, stamped, cut out, and put them together.
J worked on a farm sheet that I found. She determined which tiles were words and which were letters. The worksheet was found at Maggie's Kinder Corner. (sorry I don't have the direct link for the worksheet but she has tons of stuff and alot of it is free.)
J learned her first sight word - I and wrote it. This worksheet comes from a book that I purchased from Scholastic.
We read a sight word book from Scholastic with the words I and see to practice.
She created a picture using our farm magnetic shapes.
J practiced writing tallies using this farm game that I found. I printed the wheel with farm pictures, added a brad and a paper clip. She spun the paper clip and added a tally to the animal that it pointed to. Sorry I don't have the link to this file.
J is working with her sight word I.
I pulled out the wikki sticks that I purchased in America and J traced over her sight words. Wikki sticks are fun, they are wax like sticky strings that can be reused over and over again.
For one last review of our sight words, I gave J some sticky flags and she flagged all of the sight words in the book. The book worked well for her sight words - I and see.
One last fun thing we did for colors and our book was an experiment using colored vinegar and baking soda. I used four colors to tint the vinegar and gave J a dish full of baking soda. She used an eye dropper and added drops of colored vinegar to the baking soda. She certainly was surprised at the result. This was a quick and easy thing to do.
Well, we finished practicing our color words and will move on to another great book - Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. See you next week for the book of the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment