Friday, October 19, 2012

Book of the Week - Tot

Our book of the week is Ten Apples On Top! by Theo. LeSieg (Dr. Seuss). It is a worn, taped loved version of this book that we are using but it is still a book to be cherished. Here are some of the activities we did this week. You can read about my tot bag for this book here.


We played ten apples on top. I gave Kaleb some foam shaped apples and some water. I laminated the pictures and we stuck apples on top of their heads.


He liked this activity all most as much as he likes playing with magnets.


I found an apple sheet with apples numbered from one to ten. I added small magnets to the back and he had a magnet activity which he loves. This will be used later for number recognition but for right now, we are just having fun putting them on and taking them off the board.


Kaleb played with the apple blocks that I made.


He checked out the apple bean bags. Then we played a game - I asked him to put the apples on his knee....


and on his head.


He played some with the apple cards. I talked about red, green, yellow, big, and little.


His favorite activity, though, was the water play. I gave him a bucket, some scoops, bowls, and apples. He loved scooping and pouring and...



putting the apples in the bowls. We had some apple fun this week and I hope to work on a pumpkin theme for next week. Hope you had an awesome week.

2 comments:

  1. What cute activities! I can't believe I haven't read that book - will definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great activities. Love all the pictures in action:)

    ReplyDelete