Thursday, October 25, 2012

Book of the Week - Tot


Our book of the week is The Legend of Spookley, the Square Pumpkin by Joe Troiano. It is a cute book about a square pumpkin who saves the day. For the tot, I planned pumpkin activities.


I cut a felt pumpkin and pieces for the felt board. Kaleb could change the pieces as wanted.


He added all of the pieces - cute.


I found a cute printable from Mama Miss. It had pumpkin faces that you could match. I made it magnetic because he loves magnets.


I also cut foam pumpkins with accessories for Kaleb to paint with water and place on the glass door.


He liked playing with the water and paint brush.


Kaleb has a new fascination with markers. He loves them. He gets so upset when J is coloring with them and I won't let him color with them. I gave him a pumpkin and let him color it with markers. He was thrilled - markers, yay!


I let Kaleb make a pumpkin snack. I gave him a English muffin-like piece of bread, some orange cream cheese, and a handful of chocolate chips. He was supposed to decorate it like a pumpkin, but he ate all of the chips instead.


Here he is licking it!


He's so funny! This was the extent of our pumpkin activities. Since we do not celebrate Halloween here, I didn't want to do too much. I think our next book theme will be leaves.

Links

Serving Pink Lemonade idea for the felt jack-o-lanterns came from here.

Mrs. T's First Grade Class idea for the square pumpkin.

Mama Miss the printable for the pumpkin faces.

Mess For Less idea for the foam pumpkins came from here.

Meme Tales the idea for the pumpkin snack came from this blog.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! I just saw this today - I'm so glad you got some use out of the pumpkin faces :) ~ also...Would you mind if I added the pic of K doing the activity to my FB photo album of "Mama Miss crafts in action"? Thanks for linking back to me too :) xx Melissa @ mama miss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. He had so much fun with those. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete