Some of the activities came from my Mucky Ducks tot pack while others, I found around the web. Each activity found around the web has a link so you may check it out. This visual plan allowed me to see what we did as well as remind me what we didn't do. I hope this helps you too. Here are a few of the activities that we worked on this week.
We read the book and we made chocolate play dough. I can't tell you how much of a hit this was. This was brought out all day. I added some cars and trucks so they could roll the tires and make tracks in the "muck."
I halved the recipe that is included in my visual plans and we still had enough to give away to a visiting friend. This play dough had a great texture and smelled awesome. Kaleb tried some, only to realize that it didn't taste as good as it smelled.
We made truck mud paintings. I used a template to cut out truck pieces and allowed Kaleb to glue them down. Then I gave him two colors of brown paint. I let him do it all by himself and he was happy. This idea came from I Heart Crafty Things.
J's painting was more precise.
Kaleb loved the magnifying cards and playing with the magnifying glass.
Kaleb working through the 2 part puzzles. I would place one half of the puzzle on the cookie sheet and have him match the part to the picture.
He is trying the duck sewing card. He wasn't too impressed with this activity. J loves these though. She likes to work on sewing cards while I read her chapter book.
Next, we worked with the matching cards. First, I placed the truck cards on the table and pointed out the shape colors. Then I had him match the ducks to the trucks.
J is working with her -uck word family mat. She added the letters/blends and read the words.
This is one of J's favorite activities lately. I made mixed up sentences which she would cut out and place back in order. After, we finished the sentences, we used the word cards to create silly sentences.
J is finding the -uck words in the truck. I may have to up the font on this activity because the cards are so small. But she still liked trying to find them with her magnifying glass. That was our week with Ducks in Muck. Enjoy the printable pack and ideas for a fun filled week.
Links
I Heart Crafty Things - mud truck painting idea came from here.
Living Worldsapart - pinterest board for Ducks in Muck for more ducky ideas.

No comments:
Post a Comment