This will be a place to share details of my life, my homeschooling, and my crafts in a foreign country.
Friday, September 27, 2013
D is for Dump Truck
We are slowly working through the alphabet and the many vehicles that we can work with. Kaleb is having a blast with a new truck or car to play with/learn with every week. I have not been able to accomplish EVERY activity that I have planned for each letter so I can definitely see re-visiting each vehicle in the near future. Any activity that I have planned for but didn't accomplish gets placed in a ziplock bag (one for each letter) and then filed away for later. I can get pretty bummed about not finishing the unit I schedule but I have to learn to be flexible. There are just times when he wants to focus on one thing and I am okay with that. I am following his lead, not forcing the activities on him. He just gets so excited to see a new set up for each letter and possibly a new car or truck to go along with it. School sometimes gets put to the wayside so he can play with his new treasure. So don't be discouraged if you are not finishing what you planned. Just know that your child is having fun and still learning in the process. Here are a few activities that we did get to this week....
As you can see, I am still using the black beans in our sensory bin. He loves scooping them and pouring them that I just don't have the heart to replace them yet. This week, I added a toy dump truck, D letters, and, as a surprise, plastic pumpkins that I found in Michael's. That was pretty much it - something new to load and dump. He played with those all afternoon...well, pretty much all week.
I found this dump truck at a thrift store and added some number/shape blocks. He would dump them out and start all over again. This was another hit for the week.
The only crafty thing that I could get Kaleb to do was to color the dump truck with markers. He really just wanted to play with the new items in his sensory bin and his new dump truck. That pretty much made him happy. So, I packed the letter D items into a ziplock and will pull them out at a later date. We are off to Excavators and the letter E. Have a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment