Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wheel School - F is for Firetruck

I am so excited that I have finally been able to bring back Wheel School in action! It has been months since I have been able to get my plans together and work "school" with Kaleb. We picked up where we left off - with F is for Firetruck. Here are a few of the activities that we accomplished this week. If you would like a copy of my F is for Fire Truck Wheel School Plans, go HERE.


I started the week with the new fireman sensory bin. I just used black beans, foam letter f's, firetrucks, pom poms, fire stickers, and a fire fighter play kit that I got on clearance from Toys R Us.


Kaleb wasn't too sure about the sensory bin. He truly likes a sensory bin without all of the extras. He didn't go to the trouble of picking out all the stuff but he didn't really play with all of the items in the box either.


I brought out his vehicle counters which he has seen for a while. He enjoyed parking the fire trucks in the correct color.


He placed circle stickers onto the letter F from the printable F is for Fire Truck by Royal Baloo. 


He finished it - nice job!


I found these cute little fire men at a thrift store for a buck (love those thrift stores) and I added the shape parking lot game. He would roll the shape cube and then he would place a fire man on the shape he rolled. The parking lot game can be found HERE.


He worked with shapes on his fire truck puzzle from Melissa and Doug. These are great shape puzzles and I love that the pieces are made from wood.


Then, we set up his wooden block city complete with fire trucks. I printed some flames to tape on the building so he could "put the fires out" but he kept removing them. "Boo, boo, ouch," he would say as he handed me the fake flames. I guess he has been listening that he shouldn't be playing with fire - even fake fire.

I am so glad to bring back Wheel School for Kaleb. He had so much fun with school. I still have some activities that he didn't finish for F is for Fire Truck. I place these extra items in a ziplock bag for our Fire Truck revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment