Because of the move, I wanted to keep the sensory bin simple. So, I just used my blue rice, added letter E's and an egg that I found in a random bin. I put it together with a few excavators/diggers for digging fun.
Kaleb used his foam blocks to trace the letter E. He worked with both the upper and lower case letters.
I had a last minute idea for a fun alphabet review game - Fried Egg Flip. These pages aren't available in my notebook pages but if you would like to download them, I will include the link below. I gave Kaleb a spatula, placed the upper case letters besides the cookie sheet and the fried eggs on the cookie sheet. He flipped the eggs and used the spatula to match the letters. I also included the vehicles for extra matching.
I found these cute, simple puzzles at Target. I only gave him the letters that we have worked on so far.
I wanted Kaleb to have some tracing practice while learning his shapes. I placed the shape worksheet inside a plastic folder and gave him a dry-erase marker.
E is for envelopes....I found this cute game from PreKinders. I only printed the number envelopes. He chose an envelope, counted the items, and then "delivered" the card to the correct mailbox. (link below)
I also found some tracer alphabet cards at the Dollar Store. He used his finger to trace the letter e's.
Even though the sensory bin didn't change much, he still had plenty of fun playing with it. He parked his excavators, cement mixers, and trucks around his rice bin.
As a fun activity, I hid dinosaur skulls in the sand and had the kids excavate them. Notice the stick down the middle so there was no question about which side was which. We are on to the letter F.
Links
Prekinders - Mailbox math free printable games.
No comments:
Post a Comment