This will be a place to share details of my life, my homeschooling, and my crafts in a foreign country.
Thursday, January 8, 2015
G is for Garbage Trucks, Goats, Gumballs
Kaleb started G week by collecting all garbage trucks and letter G's to add to our pop corn sensory bin.
He worked on a transportation puzzle. We talked about every vehicle pictured and what letters they began with.
Kaleb then matched the magnetic vehicles to the correct pages in this book that I found at a thrift store.
Using the noodle bin and a complete set of alphabet magnets, Kaleb worked at finding and matching the letters to the alphabet sheet. He matched upper case letters to upper case on the sheet. Soon, we will try to match upper case to lower case as well.
I always try to include some math activities in our week. This was one of them coupled with some fine motor practice. I placed foam numbers into a cupcake tin and gave him some chop sticks. He placed the correct number of pom poms into the tin according to the number. One of my learning goals for him this year was counting (and one-to-one correspondence) to 20. So far, he can count to 15. Not too bad, I think. On to the letter H....coming soon:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment