Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I is for Ice Cream Truck

This week, we worked on learning the letter I....I is for Ice Cream Truck.


The Sensory Bin for the week contained pom poms, an ice cream sand play set from IKEA, several ice cream trucks found here and there.


He traced the upper and lower case I's with his ice cream trucks - large and small trucks. He was thrilled when he woke to find new cars to play with.


I found a cute ice cream balance game which I turned into a math activity. He chose a number bottle cap and then had to count the ice cream scoops onto the cone.


He played alphabet soup - I placed all of the letters learned so far into a large container and gave him a spoon and muffin tin. He scooped the letters and sorted them into the tin.


He traced the letter I with foam blocks.


He practiced his alphabet working with a puzzle. I love this one by Melissa Doug because it has pictures for each letter.


We played animal dominoes. He matched the pictures and numbers.


He traced the letter with his tactile alphabet cards.


He worked another alphabet puzzle. He is only working with the letters that we have learned so far.


He made the letter I into an ice cream cone. This activity is one from my Interactive Notebook Pages. You can find them HERE.


He made an ice cream truck with a kit that I found at the toy store.


He practiced his name with his bottle cap letters.


Kaleb then found the letters to his name in the ice cream sensory bin that I created for the week. Letter I week is finished and we are on to other things. Next letter J. See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment